How to register?
The Library’s holdings and services are available only for registered users. All data submitted by the users for the purpose of registration are considered confidential according to the Act on Personal Data Protection. Natural persons aged 18 and over may become the Library’s users registering for the Library Membership Card and thus gain access to the Library’s services and holdings. Natural persons under the age of 18 may become registered users provided that they are secondary school graduates. Individuals eligible to become registered users must fill out the Membership Application Form at the Registration Desk on the Ground Floor upon which they will be issued their Library Membership Card. A Library Membership Card is a document issued for the use only of the person named on it and may not be used by any other person.
Natural persons apply for membership in person by submitting documents confirming their status and place of residence and filling out the Membership Application Form:
• full-time undergraduate, graduate, senior undergraduate and postgraduate students of Croatian universities and other state or private higher education institutions in the Republic of Croatia must apply for registration submitting their identity card, personal identification number and their student’s record book;
• foreign citizens submit their passport instead of the identity card;
• researchers and members of the faculty of the University of Zagreb, scientists and members of cultural institutions apply for registration submitting their personal identity card along with the personal identification number;
• part-time students and citizens permanently employed in the Republic of Croatia apply for registration submitting their personal identity card along with the personal identification number;
• unemployed and retired Croatian citizens apply for registration submitting their personal identity card along with the personal identification number;
• secondary school graduates, students of international universities and foreign citizens apply for registration submitting their personal identity card, i.e. passport, along with the personal identification number and may only use materials and services available in the Library’s reading rooms;
• students of higher education institutions which only use electronic student’s record books must provide written proof of their status as students;
• users whose records were previously entered into the Library system of user records do not need to fill out the Membership Application Form and may renew their membership based on their existing membership card.
Legal entities apply for the registration of their employees by submitting a written request to the Library Management, upon which they are issued individual Library Membership Cards.
Persons with disability may become registered users of the NUL and subsequently renew their Library Membership free of charge.
Registration prices and possibilities may be found in the Priced Services List.