14th Croatian Conference on Public Libraries: Call for Papers
The National and University Library in Zagreb (NSK) is organising the 14th Croatian Conference on Public Libraries, which will take place from 11 to 14 October 2023 at the University of Dubrovnik, with the support of the Croatian Ministry of Culture and Media.
The theme of this year’s Conference is Public libraries – funding sources for sustainable development (Narodne knjižnice – izvori financiranja za održivi razvoj), which the conference programme will address through a number of subthemes:
– the role and value of public libraries,
– the status and funding of public libraries and libraries with a dual function (dual-use libraries),
– funding models: primary and alternative funding sources for sustainable development (EU funding programmes for the development of libraries, organisation of up-to-date library services, modernisation of the existing library spaces and construction of new libraries offering up-to-date user space),
– libraries as partners in attaining sustainable development through green and digital transition,
– the development of libraries as places of social and digital inclusion, as laid out in the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) 2021-2027 programme,
– ERASMUS+ programmes and funding opportunities for libraries.
All interested in delivering a presentation should submit their abstracts not later than 14 April 2023.
The co-organisers of the Conference are the Public Libraries Section of the Croatian Library Association, Dubrovnik Public Library and the Dubrovnik Library Association, with the National and University Library in Ljubljana (Narodna in univerzitetna knjižnica Ljubljana, NUK), Slovenian Library Association (Zveza bibliotekarskih društev Slovenije, ZBDS) and Slovenian Public Libraries Association (Združenje splošnih knjižnic) acting as partners.
Learn more about abstract submission details (Croatian version only).