Seventh Festival of Croatian Digitisation Projects: Call for Papers
The National and University Library in Zagreb will again organise and host its traditional annual Festival of Croatian Digitisation Projects, whose seventh edition will be held on 27 and 28 April 2017.
This year’s D-Fest will address a wide range of topics, bringing into focus the organisation of metadata associated with digitised resources in a way that enables their interoperability, openness and accessibility. Speakers at the Festival will also discuss challenges arising from the creative use of digitised heritage and the accompanying metadata in education and science, as well as in art and for commercial purposes.
This year’s topics of the Festival will include:
– digital libraries and collections,
– organisation of metadata associated with digitised resources,
– challenges associated with using digitised cultural heritage,
– metadata interoperability and openness,
– legal framework for digitisation,
– economic aspects of digitisation,
– digitisation of specific types of resources, and
– project presentations.
All interested applicants may submit their presentation proposals online not later than 26 March 2017 by sending a brief abstract (max. 300 words, including an indication of the type of presentation one is submitting, i.e. presentation or poster presentation) and biography (max. 150 words), which should include all the necessary details regarding the applicant’s institution and contact information.
Applicants will be notified of the details on the outcome of their submission not later than 31 March 2017.